BorgWarner EFR 9180 Turbo - T4 TwinScroll 1.05 A/R - 179394
BorgWarner EFR 9180 T4 1.05ar Twinscroll EWG Turbocharger - 179394
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 91mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 68mm
- Max Flow Rate: 95 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
- Compressor Housing: 3.5" inlet, 2.0" hose coupler outlet.
Turbine Specifications - T4, Twin Scroll, 1.05AR, Externally Wastegated
- Turbine Type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD (Inducer): 80mm
- Turbine Wheel Enducer: 73mm
- Turbine Outlet: GT-Vband (aka small 3" vband) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
- Stainless Steel Investment Cast Housing
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings - lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in oil control orifice - (aka oil restrictor) **no restrictor can be used with EFR turbos
- Watercooled Center Section - watercooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
- Iron CHRA
Applicable Part Numbers
- 179394, 179356, 12919097001, 12801019001
Borg Warner 9180 EFR Turbo 600-1000 HP. Borg Warner 9180 EFR Turbo is the biggest, baddest, highest flowing turbo in the EFR family. Capable of a remarkable 95lb/min airflow and stable at very high boost levels, the 91mm OD compressor measures 68mm inducer and is a 7 blade FMW compressor. This turbo will redefine what 67mm turbos are capable of. After receiving requests from many high power enthusiasts and drag racers restrained to a 67mm inducer, there was a clear need for 1000hp capable turbos that still provide good spool and response. Using the high flowing 1.05 a/r Twinscroll T4 turbine housing is the most efficient way to run this as a single turbocharger. If twin turbos will be run, the .83 a/r or 1.05 a/r can be used, depending on manifolds and space constraints. Ideal for use as single turbo applications in the 600-1000hp per turbo range, or as very high power twin turbo applications >1000-1700+hp. Available with .83 a/r undivided T3 internal WG or 1.05 a/r divided twinscroll T4 housings (external WG). Ceramic Ball Bearing only, watercooling optional (recommended)
Borg Warner's latest release, the EFR (Engineered for Racing) Series turbochargers. EFR is currently the most advanced turbo of its type engineered for the performance aftermarket. Crammed full of attributes that appeal to the performance car enthusiast, EFR is at the pinnacle of what can be done with the current state of the art.
The EFR line of turbos was born out of an internal BorgWarner Turbo Systems program labeled Advanced Aftermarket Products or AAP.
The result is the new EFR (Engineered for Racing) line of turbos from BorgWarner. These turbos contain a bevy of key attributes such as Gamma Ti turbine wheels, dual ceramic ball bearing cartridges and investment cast stainless steel turbine housings. Collectively, those features help give the EFR line its innovative appeal and will provide a breakthrough experience in durability, device responsiveness and installer/user satisfaction.